Sunday, August 23, 2015

Xara Photo & Graphics Designer 11













by Tony Thomas

I had a chance to check out the latest version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer (Version 11) over the last week or so. As I expected, I was welcomed by the sleek and comfortable interface that I have come to know quite well.

Coincidentally, I had a cover to design for my new book: "How to Find a Job Fast: Job Search Techniques for the 21st Century" and I knew that Xara 11 would be the perfect tool for the job. I imported a picture I had taken and came up with a finished layout in about 15 or 20 minutes flat. No other tool that I am familiar with can produce such stunning results that quickly (See cover below).

Version 11 has a number of new features:

  • New Blend Modes and Transparency Types
  • Auto Correct and Abbreviation Expansion
  • Liquify Shape Editing Tools
  • Other Text Enhancements
  • PDF Import
  • Document Sync with Google Drive and DropBox
  • New Templates and Brush Designs
  • Retina Support for Web Graphics
  • Bonus Software
As usual, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer provides an incredible amount of bang for the buck. At $89.99, it really is a no brainer.

http://www.xara.com/us/photo-graphic-designer/






Cover I Designed With Xara 11