by Tony Thomas
I had a chance to check out the latest version of Xara Photo & Graphic Designer (Version 11) over the last week or so. As I expected, I was welcomed by the sleek and comfortable interface that I have come to know quite well.
Coincidentally, I had a cover to design for my new book: "How to Find a Job Fast: Job Search Techniques for the 21st Century" and I knew that Xara 11 would be the perfect tool for the job. I imported a picture I had taken and came up with a finished layout in about 15 or 20 minutes flat. No other tool that I am familiar with can produce such stunning results that quickly (See cover below).
Version 11 has a number of new features:
- New Blend Modes and Transparency Types
- Auto Correct and Abbreviation Expansion
- Liquify Shape Editing Tools
- Other Text Enhancements
- PDF Import
- Document Sync with Google Drive and DropBox
- New Templates and Brush Designs
- Retina Support for Web Graphics
- Bonus Software