Sunday, June 21, 2015

Anker 5 Port 40 Watt Charger

by Tony Thomas

I have heard about Anker for a little while from their ubiquitous ads on Facebook and looked longingly at their line of  attractive USB chargers.

Since I have been suffering from a bad case of "wallwart-itis" lately, I thought I would give one a try.  Any device that helps clean up the inevitable cable mess of a technophile is certainly welcome.

The 5 port unit I selected can supply 40 watts of power at 5 volts for 8 amps total.  That is enough power for a few tablets, a newer phone and a few other small devices like cameras.  

Anker chargers use "Power IQ" which enables them to figure out the charging requirements of each device and reportedly provide a quicker charge than most power bricks.  

After using it for about a week, I can say that I am really pleased with this device and think it is a good addition for anyone who has too many devices and not enough outlets.

More information from: http://www.ianker.com/poweriq