Thursday, July 5, 2018

Teknet Laptop Cooling Pad


by Tony Thomas


I recently purchased a Tecknet laptop cooling pad from Amazon.com to provide cooling for my aging Lenovo T410 14” laptop computer. The Tecknet pad is made out of plastic but seems to be solidly built. It houses two 110mm cooling fans which seem to do a good job of providing needed cooling to the bottom of the laptop. The fans are illuminated and provide a cool looking blue glow. It is slightly angled to make typing more comfortable. It supports laptop sizes from 12-16”. At $21, it seems to be fairly priced and has received a lot of good reviews.

Power is provided via an available USB port and there is an extra port available for another device. It only seems to pass power and not data so it cannot be connected to a USB drive or other data device. I was able to successfully run it from an open port on my unpowered USB hub so it does not draw much current.

Since I installed a 7200 RPM hard drive, it had been running pretty hot -- as high as 60-70 degrees C. Using the cooling pad, I have been able to reduce my temps by 15-20 degrees. I am very pleased with the performance of the Tecknet laptop cooling pad and highly recommend it to those who need additional cooling.

Buy it at Amazon: https://amzn.to/2IXsbKh

Check out the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/zuHDht6je-8

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.